It’s funny how most people think that most cats are very aloof and independent. I guess it is true for the most part, but there are some breeds of cats that actually want to be with you all of the time. The Russian Blue cat is one of those breeds. According to researchers from Utah Valley State College, this breed has been growing more popular since 1983 when the hit television series ‘Friends’ aired on prime time TV. In the show, a Russian Blue played Phoebe Buffay’s (played by Lisa Kudrow) beloved cat Chelsea. Millions of people who saw the show wanted a Russian Blue cat for themselves; this led to the rise in popularity of these cats.
There is a few difference between Russian blue cat personality as compared to other cats. The Russian Blue is quieter and more cautious. They are also very patient. If you’ve ever wanted a cat that doesn’t mind if you ignore it for a while, then Russian blue is the one for you! However, don’t leave them alone for too long.
If you want to know the nature of these cats, we recommend watching videos on YouTube about the Russian Blue cat personality, to begin with. They like to be with people and want attention from them. Actually, the Russian blue cat personality is probably the most social of all cats in general. These friendly felines get along well with kids and other pets as well…even dogs!
Like I said earlier, Russian Blues tends to get really attached to their owners, so much so that sometimes they don’t care where they get affection from or who gives it to them; they just love receiving love, and they give it back.
They are loyal, affectionate, and protective of their humans, so if you have children or other pets in the house, they will be your feline’s best friend after you! These cats love being involved with family activities…just don’t leave them alone for too long.
The Russian Blue cat personality is part of why Russian blues are so popular. They pretty much want to be with you all of the time, and they also won’t get in your way when you want a little time to yourself.
They entertain themselves for hours with just about anything that will hold their interest. Of course, this may mean that they may have shredded one or more pairs of slippers or socks by the time that they are four months old, but most people would happily trade a few destroyed items for the constant companionship from such an intelligent and loving breed of cat.
The Russian Blue Cat personality might be the number one reason that they are so popular. They want to be with their owners, and this is a trait that most people look for when they get a new cat. The fact that they will sit in your lap or even on your shoulder while you read or watch television is an added bonus.
Russian Blues can be a bit independent, but they still want to spend time with you and enjoy your company.
It’s nice that even though they don’t follow you around everywhere that they still want to be where you are and keep an eye on what you’re doing. They will come over for attention when you get home from work and sit in your lap while watching TV or reading a book.
It’s also nice that while Russian blues aren’t necessarily clingy, they still like to be with you and want to get love from you. What more could any cat lover ask for? A Russian blue isn’t necessarily the best choice for someone who wants an active cat that will play fetch or chase its tail around all day, but it might just be the perfect fit for someone who enjoys having a lap cat.
The Temperament Of A Russian Blue Cat
The Russian Blue Cat’s personality and temperament are why these breeds are so demanded in the market.
The temperament of a Russian blue cat is quite different from other breeds. It is very playful and affectionate, especially as an adult Russian Blue cat, but can be reserved with strangers. They love to follow their owners around the house and meow for attention. Their sweet nature makes Russian blues excellent pets however some can be quite finicky about their food as they tend to like the same type all of the time. Some Russian blues also enjoy playing fetch or even walking on a leash! These qualities make them great companions for people that want an interactive pet they can take on walks and play with for hours at a time.
Here are some interesting Russian Blue cat personality traits and temperament:
- A kitten will usually become more independent once it reaches adulthood (about 1-2 years). This specific Russian Blue cat personality is why it makes it unique compared to other breeds.
- Russian Blues are also very agile cats and enjoy jumping up high to catch air. They tend to be rambunctious, playful creatures although they can change once they grow older.
- Russian Blue cats will need owners that are willing to groom their thick fur often as it can get dirty if not well taken care of.
- Russian Blue cats love water so much that they do not even mind getting wet! Russian Blues love laying in puddles or fountains for hours just watching the water run around them!
- Russians Blue cats really enjoy toys especially soft squeaky ones since this is one of the only times they will meow at you for attention since many Russian Blues like playing by themselves. They also have a very easy-going personality so they will not scratch or bite you even if you mess with them a lot.
- Russian Blue cats have a very sweet temperament and can be quite gentle when they need to be. Russian Blue cats are the best kind of pets because they enjoy being your little shadow and will play fetch for hours at a time!
- Russian Blue kittens can often get into mischief, but this is just their way of having fun! They love climbing up curtains and knocking things over which many owners find annoying however Russian Blue cats do not mean harm by doing this, it is just their nature to explore new areas in search of something interesting. They are excellent climbers that spend hours on their owner’s bed or bookshelf.
- Russian Blue cats may not be the most affectionate pet however they usually do not mind being held by their owner and make excellent lap cats! Due to these Russian Blue cat personality traits, it is one of the most unique breeds that will surely keep your family entertained with its playful antics and Russian Blue cat personality!
Caring For A Russian Blue
One important Russian Blue cat personality trait an owner needs to know is that it is a cat that likes to be at home with its family. They do not need a lot of space, just a comfortable bed, and a warm couch, but they love being petted and often stared at by their owners. Their blue fur is always soft and smooth, making them one of the most popular cats in the world.
Russian Blue cat personality traits are not all fun and games—they require a lot of attention from their owner, which they will provide plenty of love in return. A Russian Blue lives for its owner’s touch; the more you pet them, the more they purr.
Another important Russian Blue cat personality trait is that if you have other pets or children, this breed may not be ideal to have around them without proper training. They can be taught to live around kids and other pets if trained from a younger age to do so. They can irritate younger children by biting and scratching them during playtime, so Russian blues are best kept away from others with whom they do not get along well.
Here are 10 key points to consider for caring for a Russian Blue cat:
- Russian Blue cats don’t require a lot of brushing(once a week is recommended). They also don’t need to be bathed regularly. These cats also love jumping up high so you might need a tall scratching post or stool for it since they have great jumping skills.
- Russian Blue cats are very easy to care for as long as you make sure it gets regular grooming and trim their claws regularly. They also love their toys so they might need a new one every now and then after it has worn out its previous toy by playing with it too much!
- Russian Blue cats are quite intelligent so they can sometimes be trained using treats/licks of salmon if they have the willpower.
- Russian Blues are also naturally curious which makes them love climbing up high or sneaking into areas they are not supposed to enter. Russian blues cannot resist the lure of food so some owners try giving them bits of chicken, fish, etc. after saying “no” to them when they try to sneak into a forbidden area. Russian blue cats especially love toys, patience, and playing in the water! They will also enjoy running around in a safe enclosed area with other cats/pets if it is not too scared of strangers.
- Another Russian Blue cat personality trait to know is that they are usually not aggressive towards other animals unless it has been spayed or neutered. They can be trained to walk on a leash just like dogs! Russian Blues do not mind being held considering they love climbing onto their owner’s shoulders or into their arms. Russian Blue kittens need lots of daily attention because they get bored really quickly and will find something to do if it becomes neglected which often leads them to destroy furniture, clothing, etc.
- Russian Blues are very smart cats that can be litter trained when the owner feels the Russian Blue is old enough to understand what it needs to do.
- They are perfect apartment pets since they are naturally quiet creatures that sleep most of the day away!
- Russian Blue cats are very good with children as long as they have been socialized early on in life otherwise they might take advantage of smaller children by climbing up them and scratching them with their sharp claws!
- One thing owners need to consider about the Russian Blue cat personality is that they are also known for being the “loners of the cat world” so Russian Blue kittens should not be forced to socialize with strangers if they do not want to!
- They are also very good mousers hunters that have been used by farmers all over Europe because of their excellent hunting skills which they developed during their time spent roaming around villages in search of mice and food!
The Russian Blue cat personality is one of the factors apart from their beautiful appearance on why so many people love this breed. They are also intelligent, social, and playful breeds. However, the popularity of this breed has resulted in it becoming more difficult to find or adopt one. If you’re looking for your next pet, but don’t want to contribute to the problem by buying from an irresponsible breeder who breeds animals with no regard for their health or well-being, consider adopting one from here instead!
If you are interested in reading more articles about Russian Blue cats, we recommend going to our website – World of Russian Blue for more similar content!